Officials from Uzbekistan met with George Prodanov, the charge d'affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria to the Republic of Uzbekistan, on Feb. 17, prior to a meeting of the intergovernmental commission on economic, scientific and technological cooperation.
Uzbekistan's Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations, Investments and Trade held talks with Prodanov. During the talks, the two sides discussed issues related to the further development of bilateral trade, economic and investment ties, as well as preparation for the upcoming meeting.
The two countries established diplomatic relations in 1992. Both are full members of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe.
Bulgaria provides a link in the trade corridor between Uzbekistan and the European Union, with important Black Sea ports. The two countries are interested in expanding trade by this route. Despite repeated discussions on the subject, however, Uzbekistan has so far declined to supply natural gas to the Nabucco pipeline that would feed gas to Europe via Bulgaria.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar