Société Générale, the French multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Paris, is marking its 150th anniversary with business and sporting events at its subsidiaries worldwide.
Société Générale is one of the oldest banks in France. Founded in 1864, its original name was Société Générale pour favoriser le développement du commerce et de l'industrie en France - General Company to Support the Development of Commerce and Industry in France.
Tthe company is now a universal bank split into three main divisions -- retail banking and specialized financial services, corporate and investment banking, and global investment management and services.
Société Générale is France's third largest bank by total assets and the eighth largest bank in Europe. It has more than 154,000 employees based in 76 countries serving 32 million clients.
The long term debt of the group is currently ranked A by Standard & Poor's, A2 by Moody's and A+ by Fitch.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar