The National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic introduced overnight deposits on Feb. 17.
The new instrument of monetary policy allows the commercial bank to deposit funds in the NBKR at a particular interest rate for one night.
The committee on monetary regulation of the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic set the overnight deposit rate at 1 percent as of Feb. 13.
The new instrument is expected to help strengthen the interest rate transmission channel of the monetary policy, which is geared toward achieving and supporting stability of prices.
The instrument will allow commercial banks to revise the interest rate policy on their demand deposits. They can also revise interest rates on current accounts for clients and allows banks to further increase the inflow of funds into the banking system by decreasing the use of cash.
The National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic determines the monetary policy of the Kyrgyz Republic. It also exercises regulation and supervision over banks and financial institutions. It develops and conducts the uniform currency policy and also has sole responsibility over the issue of banknotes. The bank also promotes effective functioning of the payment system and establishes rules of conducting banking operations, accounting and reporting for the banking system.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar