BTA Bank recently issued a statement in response to rumors in social media about the possible bankruptcy of a number of Kazakh commercial banks.
"BTA Bank considers it necessary to inform all interested parties that the bank is operating normally, and there is no reason to worry," the bank said. "The bank is a reliable and stable financial institution whose activities are carried out under the supervision of the state represented by the main shareholder of Samruk-Kazyna JSC and Kazakh regulators. Tenge devaluation does not affect either the safety of deposits placed with the bank or its ability to fulfill its obligations to customers. An available bank liquidity reserve allows it to promptly and fully perform all obligations to customers: to charge interest on deposits and depositors to return their deposits in accordance with the terms of contracts."
The bank said that Moody's has upgraded the long-term deposit ratings of the bank in national and foreign currency from "Caa1" to "B3." Moody's has also upgraded the Baseline Credit Assessment of the bank from "caa3" to "caa2."
"In connection with the foregoing, the bank appeals to all its customers with a request - not to succumb to provocations, distribute inaccurate information to make intelligent and informed investment decisions based on common sense and verified information from official sources. The bank will continue to work as usual, providing a wide range of services and providing high quality service to its customers," the bank said.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar