An agreement was recently signed between Baku, Fineko/abc.az Eastland Capital and the Bank of Azerbaijan to organize the sale of bonds to investors from Russia and Northern Europe.
Eastland Capital CJSC will organize the placement of the Azerbaijani bank's bond issue at the European bond market.
Aimed at investors from Russia and Northern Europe, the loan will be listed on the grounds of the NADSAQ OMX exchange. The plan is to place $10 million in Eurobonds for three years.
The finances acquired through the bond issue placement will be used in the development of the card payment system of public transport in Baku.
"Placement of Eurobonds is the first step to the European level of one of the active participants in the banking sector of Azerbaijan, and it obviously will contribute to getting international rating, the transition to Basel 3, as well as attracting foreign investments," Pavel Bilenko, the general director of Eastland Capital, said.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays