BTA Bank JSC has changed the membership of its board of directors after an extraordinary meeting of shareholders held on Feb. 14.
In the meeting, it was decided to terminate the powers of Yelena Bakhmutova and Mira Koshkimbayeva and to elect Kenes Rakishev and Nina Zhussupova to the board in their place.
Kenes Rakishev was elected as chairman of the board of directors during the Feb. 14 meeting as well.
Other changes to the board of directors also took place on Feb. 6. This involved the sale of shares in the bank to Samruk-Kazyna SWF JSC, a major shareholder in the bank.
Samruk-Kazyna SWF JSC is a consortium of investors represented by Kazkommertsbank JSC along with Kenes Rakishev, a Kazakhstan businessman.
The shifts in the membership of the board of directors of BTA Bank is intended in to maintain continuity and in order to shift focus on enhancing the efficiency and optimization of the bank.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar