Nordea, the Nordic-based financial services group operating in Northern Europe, recently issued its latest CSR report emphasizing responsibility as the core of the bank's everyday business.
"Every time we meet a customer, colleague or other stakeholder, every time we give advice, responsibility plays an important part. This mindset is essential to our business and key in our ambition to always deliver great customer experiences," Nordea CEO Christian Clausen said.
The CSR Report 2013 details how working with compliance improves customer relationships, prevents money laundering and makes society safer as well as how Nordea improves screening for environmental responsibility, social responsibility and business ethics when investing and analyzing corporate lending.
It also explains how Nordea conducts on-spot reviews to ensure that suppliers take responsibility and maintain good business ethics.
Nordea was formed by the successive mergers and acquisitions of the Finnish, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish banks of Merita Bank, Unibank, Kreditkassen and Nordbanken that took place between 1997 and 2000.
The largest shareholder of Nordea is Sampo, a Finnish insurance company with approximately 20 percent of the shares. Nordea is listed on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange, the Helsinki Stock Exchange and the Stockholm Stock Exchange.
Headquartered in Stockholm, the bank has more than 1,400 branches.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar