Bank Saint Petersburg completed its acquisition of a 100 percent stake in Bank Evropeisky on Feb. 10 when the transaction was approved by the bank's supervisory board and the Central Bank of the Russian Federation.
The sale and purchase agreement was signed on Jan. 23. Bank Evropeisky is currently operating on the market as a subsidiary of Bank Saint Petersburg.
The decision to acquire the business of Bank Evropeisky was based on a development strategy for the upcoming four years that was adopted by Bank Saint Petersburg in November that includes building an efficient financial institution with a scalable business model that can expand to new regions.
With the acquisition of Bank Evropeisky, Bank Saint Petersburg, through its branch network and customer base, will boost SME lending as well as its retail business in the region and control more than 10 percent of the banking services market in Kaliningrad.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies