World Bank Vice President for Europe and Central Asia Laura Tuck visited Uzbekistan last week, her first visit to the country since becoming regional vice president in September.
The visit focused on the World Bank's ongoing partnership with Uzbekistan as well as priorities going forward. During the visit, Tuck held discussions with high-level government officials and visited a health project supported by the bank.
"We are pleased to see that Uzbekistan has demonstrated strong growth in the last several years, and that living standards of people in the country have clearly improved. We appreciate our long-term cooperation with Uzbekistan, which aims to ensure that the growth is sustainable and its benefits are shared across the population," Tuck said.
As part of the trip, Tuck also visited one of the primary healthcare clinics in Tashkent that participated in the World Bank-financed Health II Project, aimed at improving the quality and overall cost effectiveness of healthcare services in Uzbekistan.
Uzbekistan joined the World Bank in 1992. The bank's current commitments to Uzbekistan amount to more than $1 billion.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays