The international financial magazine Euromoney recently named Nordea the best provider of private banking services in the Nordic and Baltic region for the sixth year in a row.
"We appreciate receiving this award once again. It encourages us in our daily work to ensure customer satisfaction and to welcome new customers," Gunn Wærsted, the head of wealth management at Nordea, said.
Nordea welcomed 10,000 new private banking customers in 2013. Total assets under management have grown 80 percent during the past five years, reaching $105.4 billion.
The bank is the result of the successive mergers and acquisitions of the Finnish, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish banks of Merita Bank, Unibank, Kreditkassen and Nordbanken between 1997 and 2000.
Nordea is listed on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange, the Helsinki Stock Exchange and the Stockholm Stock Exchange. The largest shareholder is Sampo, a Finnish insurance company with approximately 20 percent of the shares.
The bank has a presence in 19 countries around the world, operating through full service branches, subsidiaries and representative offices.
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: Speech by NBU Governor Yakiv Smolii at a press briefing on monetary policy
- NATIONAL BANK OF TAJIKISTAN: National Bank of Tajikistan and International Monetary Fund have considered cooperation issues
- PROMSVYZABANK - RUSSIA: Promsvyazbank awarded the winners of the national prize "Business Success"
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Amendment of the “General Terms and Conditions of Servicing Accounts, Deposits and Consumer Loans”
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: NBU Launches Economic Express Regional Project in Zhytomyr
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EUR 1.9 billion EIB Group backing for private sector, energy and urban investment across Greece
- HSBC - GEORGIA: Technology targets financial crime
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: More European funds available to support energy efficiency in residential buildings
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech