The international financial magazine Euromoney recently named Nordea the best provider of private banking services in the Nordic and Baltic region for the sixth year in a row.
"We appreciate receiving this award once again. It encourages us in our daily work to ensure customer satisfaction and to welcome new customers," Gunn Wærsted, the head of wealth management at Nordea, said.
Nordea welcomed 10,000 new private banking customers in 2013. Total assets under management have grown 80 percent during the past five years, reaching $105.4 billion.
The bank is the result of the successive mergers and acquisitions of the Finnish, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish banks of Merita Bank, Unibank, Kreditkassen and Nordbanken between 1997 and 2000.
Nordea is listed on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange, the Helsinki Stock Exchange and the Stockholm Stock Exchange. The largest shareholder is Sampo, a Finnish insurance company with approximately 20 percent of the shares.
The bank has a presence in 19 countries around the world, operating through full service branches, subsidiaries and representative offices.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays