The latest data from the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications shows that Russia's Sberbank has risen to the 39th position in its rankings of worldwide traffic.
Sberbank was also ranked first amongst all of SWIFT's top 50 shareholding financial institutions in terms of traffic growth, with an increase of 48 percent. In payments messages, Sberbank currently holds the 24th position worldwide.
Russia has overtaken Canada, Singapore and Sweden in overall country traffic and now ranks 15th in the world, with a growth rate of 43 percent.
"Over the past two years, Sberbank, and Russia as a whole demonstrate a leading position in terms of growth in the international SWIFT Community. And this shows the qualitative development of the Russian financial market and its integration into the global financial industry," Matthieu de Heering, the head of SWIFT for Russia and the CIS, said.
The SWIFT cooperative is the leading worldwide association in the areas of financial telecommunications and services.
Currently, SWIFT more than 10,000 users in 212 countries amongst the world's largest banks, including central and national banks, and other financial institutions such as investment managers, brokerages, stock exchanges and central depositories.
More than 1000 leading corporates, including General Electric, EADS, Microsoft, Lukoil and Rosneft, have also become SWIFT users in recent years.
Sberbank Senior Vice President Olga Kanovich is the chairperson of the Russian national SWIFT Association, ROSSWIFT.
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business