The latest data from the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications shows that Russia's Sberbank has risen to the 39th position in its rankings of worldwide traffic.
Sberbank was also ranked first amongst all of SWIFT's top 50 shareholding financial institutions in terms of traffic growth, with an increase of 48 percent. In payments messages, Sberbank currently holds the 24th position worldwide.
Russia has overtaken Canada, Singapore and Sweden in overall country traffic and now ranks 15th in the world, with a growth rate of 43 percent.
"Over the past two years, Sberbank, and Russia as a whole demonstrate a leading position in terms of growth in the international SWIFT Community. And this shows the qualitative development of the Russian financial market and its integration into the global financial industry," Matthieu de Heering, the head of SWIFT for Russia and the CIS, said.
The SWIFT cooperative is the leading worldwide association in the areas of financial telecommunications and services.
Currently, SWIFT more than 10,000 users in 212 countries amongst the world's largest banks, including central and national banks, and other financial institutions such as investment managers, brokerages, stock exchanges and central depositories.
More than 1000 leading corporates, including General Electric, EADS, Microsoft, Lukoil and Rosneft, have also become SWIFT users in recent years.
Sberbank Senior Vice President Olga Kanovich is the chairperson of the Russian national SWIFT Association, ROSSWIFT.
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: Speech by NBU Governor Yakiv Smolii at a press briefing on monetary policy
- NATIONAL BANK OF TAJIKISTAN: National Bank of Tajikistan and International Monetary Fund have considered cooperation issues
- PROMSVYZABANK - RUSSIA: Promsvyazbank awarded the winners of the national prize "Business Success"
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Amendment of the “General Terms and Conditions of Servicing Accounts, Deposits and Consumer Loans”
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: NBU Launches Economic Express Regional Project in Zhytomyr
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EUR 1.9 billion EIB Group backing for private sector, energy and urban investment across Greece
- HSBC - GEORGIA: Technology targets financial crime
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: More European funds available to support energy efficiency in residential buildings
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech