The latest data from the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications shows that Russia's Sberbank has risen to the 39th position in its rankings of worldwide traffic.
Sberbank was also ranked first amongst all of SWIFT's top 50 shareholding financial institutions in terms of traffic growth, with an increase of 48 percent. In payments messages, Sberbank currently holds the 24th position worldwide.
Russia has overtaken Canada, Singapore and Sweden in overall country traffic and now ranks 15th in the world, with a growth rate of 43 percent.
"Over the past two years, Sberbank, and Russia as a whole demonstrate a leading position in terms of growth in the international SWIFT Community. And this shows the qualitative development of the Russian financial market and its integration into the global financial industry," Matthieu de Heering, the head of SWIFT for Russia and the CIS, said.
The SWIFT cooperative is the leading worldwide association in the areas of financial telecommunications and services.
Currently, SWIFT more than 10,000 users in 212 countries amongst the world's largest banks, including central and national banks, and other financial institutions such as investment managers, brokerages, stock exchanges and central depositories.
More than 1000 leading corporates, including General Electric, EADS, Microsoft, Lukoil and Rosneft, have also become SWIFT users in recent years.
Sberbank Senior Vice President Olga Kanovich is the chairperson of the Russian national SWIFT Association, ROSSWIFT.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar