The National Bank of Ukraine released its XXII Olympic Winter Games commemorative coins on Feb. 3.
The coins are a continuation of the "Sports" series and were launched at a ceremony at the Museum of Money of the National Bank of Ukraine.
According to Deputy Governor of the National Bank of Ukraine Vira Rychakivska, the coins are dedicated to the Sochi Olympic Games.
Ukraine first sent a team to the event during the XV Olympiad in Helsinki. Since then, Ukrainian athletes have brought home 620 medals. This year the country is sending 43 athletes in such events as the biathlon, cross country, figure skating, luge, freestyle, alpine skiing, snowboarding, nordic combined and short track.
The 10 hryvnia face value coin is made from 925-fine silver and has a 31.1g weight in fineness. It is smooth and has incised inscriptions indicating the metal and fineness. The two hryvnia face value is made of German silver, has a special "uncirculated" quality and has a mintage of 15,000 pieces. It has a grooved edge.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar