First Ukrainian International Bank has been ranked second on a list of the 20 most efficient banks in Ukraine compiled by Forbes Ukraine.
Efficiency was evaluated using four ratios calculated on the basis of the banks' public statements for the three quarters of 2013 - return on assets, return on equity, profitability ratio and net interest margin.
The regulatory capital adequacy and share of non-performing loans in the loan portfolio were also taken into account. For each of the six ratios, the bank received scores from one to four.
More than three-quarters of 2013 the net profit of FUIB totaled $34.5 million, which is 55.2 percent up year-over-year.
"Achievement of such rather high performance results has become possible thanks to complex work of the bank's team as the whole. We managed to increase significantly the fee and commission income from the retail and corporate businesses. Moreover, by actively developing the consumer lending business, we ensured the loan portfolio growth. Along with this, we strictly controlled our operating expenses and optimized business processes. These measures enabled us to build up the customer base, while maintaining the operating expenses at their last year level," Sergey Chernenko, the chairman of the Management Board of FUIB, said.
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business