The National Bank of Ukraine recently joined the OECD International Network on Financial Education as a full member.
"The National Bank of Ukraine's joining the OECD/INFE, which serves as a global platform, proves its commitment to further implement the nationwide educational projects based on the best international practices. The leading role of the OECD/INFE, whose members include nearly half of the world's countries, is acknowledged by the G20 and the Asia Pacific Economic Co-operation," Borys Prykhodko, the first deputy governor of the National Bank of Ukraine, said. "Increasing the level of financial literacy among the Ukrainian population means investments into the future financial independence and stability in Ukraine. Changes in global economic conditions, using best practices and cutting-edge technology in the banking industry, creation of new banking products require the Ukrainian public to display an appropriate level of financial awareness."
The OECD launched its global financial education project in 2002. It established the International Network on Financial Education in 2008, which aimed to provide a policy forum for the OECD member countries to exchange knowledge and experience on financial education issues.
The OECD/INFE comprises more than 100 countries seeking to promote the financial education of their citizens.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar