Chairman of the UkrSibbank Supervisory Board Jean-Paul Sabet wrote a letter to the president of Ukraine this week, appealing for protection of the bank's rights as a reliable strategic investor of the banking system and as a company that promotes the development of the Ukrainian economy with credit resources.
The chairman appealed Viktor Yanukovych, saying that UkrSibbank PJSC is 15 percent owned by the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development.
The letter also asked Yanukovych not to overlook the bank's situation with the lender and owner of AIS Corporation Dmitriy Svyatash and Vasiliy Polyakov, who have been evading debt repayments of $100 million for approximately five years.
The letter describes the terms and conditions behind the loans, which were granted in 2007-2009, and the situation that followed in the years since.
The bank hopes to enlist Yanukovych's support in advocating for its rights.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays