The International Bank of Azerbaijan will soon offer interest-free loans for pensioners through their pension cards.
"Within the framework of project 'Pension+,' all pensioners will be able to get through their pension cards an interest-free loan in the amount of AZN 100 to be withdrawn from pensioner's account during the financing of pension of next month and automatically renewed. Pensioners will also be able to use a pension card as full payment card in shopping malls and pharmacies to be included in the list of partners," IBA General Director Elmir Habibullayev said.
Elman Mehdiyev, the chairman of the State Social Protection Fund, said that a wide network of cash machines has been created in Baku and other regions of the country.
"In spite of this, queues gather regularly in front of IBA cash machines, as most pensioners still do not understand the possibilities of using cards as means of payment. That is why it was decided to launch a similar project with the help of which we will not only be able to provide additional financial support to retirees who are in need, but also to promote pension plastic cards as a payment tool," Mehdiyev said.
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Salary Card with 70% Discount
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sells 60 Million Lari Dual-Tranche Domestic Bonds in Georgia