Nordea Bank's Country Senior Executive of Sweden and Head of Retail Banking Lennart Jacobsen is attending the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
The main themes this year are sustainability, the effects of technology, growth for emerging economies and a world with a population of 9 billion people.
"As an international bank, it is important for Nordea to be up to speed on trends and ideas on the world stage. The importance of Davos is that representatives from universities, industry and politics come together and discuss the global challenges we face and ideas for the future - not just in the financial sector," Jacobsen said. "There is a broad spectrum of questions this year, but getting the global economy going and sustainability matters in general will, I believe, be of particular importance this year."
Headquartered in Stockholm, Nordea operates in Northern Europe. The bank was formed by the successive mergers and acquisitions of the Finnish, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish banks of Merita Bank, Unibank, Kreditkassen and Nordbanken that took place between 1997 and 2000.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays