UniCredit SpA recently sold junior/mezzanine risk on a $1,234 million portfolio of Italian Project Finance Loans to further optimize allocated capital.
The development is in line with the company's strategy to enhance risk adjusted profitability. The company will put the freed up capital to use in its new business growth.
The International Infrastructure Finance Company Fund LP purchased the risk along with Mariner Breakwater LP and two funds managed by Mariner Investment Group, a specialized credit and infrastructure asset manager.
UniCredit Bank AG structured the deal and Freshfields served as counsel to the purchase. The Riolo Calderaro Crisostomo and DLA Piper Legal firms legally advised the purchase.
The structured finance deal is intended to relieve capital for reinvesting into new lending and is an avenue already pursued by UniCredit to support the Italian economy, along with Public and Supranational fund.
- AG BANK: 30% discount on "Royal Gallery Home Collection" stores with AGBank's cards!
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: Speech by NBU Governor Yakiv Smolii at a press briefing on monetary policy
- NATIONAL BANK OF TAJIKISTAN: National Bank of Tajikistan and International Monetary Fund have considered cooperation issues
- PROMSVYZABANK - RUSSIA: Promsvyazbank awarded the winners of the national prize "Business Success"
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Amendment of the “General Terms and Conditions of Servicing Accounts, Deposits and Consumer Loans”
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: NBU Launches Economic Express Regional Project in Zhytomyr
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EUR 1.9 billion EIB Group backing for private sector, energy and urban investment across Greece
- HSBC - GEORGIA: Technology targets financial crime
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: More European funds available to support energy efficiency in residential buildings
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia