UniCredit SpA recently sold junior/mezzanine risk on a $1,234 million portfolio of Italian Project Finance Loans to further optimize allocated capital.
The development is in line with the company's strategy to enhance risk adjusted profitability. The company will put the freed up capital to use in its new business growth.
The International Infrastructure Finance Company Fund LP purchased the risk along with Mariner Breakwater LP and two funds managed by Mariner Investment Group, a specialized credit and infrastructure asset manager.
UniCredit Bank AG structured the deal and Freshfields served as counsel to the purchase. The Riolo Calderaro Crisostomo and DLA Piper Legal firms legally advised the purchase.
The structured finance deal is intended to relieve capital for reinvesting into new lending and is an avenue already pursued by UniCredit to support the Italian economy, along with Public and Supranational fund.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar