The Central Bank of the Republic of Azerbaijan held a meeting to mark the 24th anniversary of the Jan. 20, 1990, massacre of civilians.
The bank "paid tribute to the memories of Azerbaijani boys and girls who gave their lives for the freedom and sovereignty of our motherland," it said in a release. "Although the tragedy became the bloodiest page in Azerbaijan's history, it proved that our people remain committed to traditions of heroism, and are ready to sacrifice their lives for the country's independence and freedom."
The bank also touted the country's economic progress.
"Since the early 21st century, the Azerbaijani economy has been growing rapidly and is currently dynamic, stable and sustainable. During our first struggles for independence, it was just a dream to have a sovereign, politically and socio-economically strong Azerbaijan. Today, our statehood and economy enjoy their own script and growth model," the bank said.
- BTA BANK - KAZAKHASTAN: JSC BTA Bank rating assignment
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Deifnes A Panel of Judges for the Climate Changemakers Awards
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB has allocated US $ 78 million to improve sections of regional roads in the Kyrgyz Republic
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank Participates in Expo Dedicated to "International Day of Savings"
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMSWISSBANK CJSC Made a Payment of AMSWISB23ER3 Corporate Coupon Bond
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank will pay 50 children for rehabilitation courses
- AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN KAZAKHSTAN: International Centre for Parliamentary Studies: Strategic Management and Leadership programme - 4th - 8th March 2019 | London, UK
- AG BANK: AGBank has prepared 2 new campaigns for its valuable customers
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank