ShoreCap II Ltd. became one of the shareholders of TuranBank at the end of 2013 through the purchase of 3,028 of the company's 3,697 ordinary registered book entry shares with an issue volume of $5.101 million placed at the Baku Stock Exchange.
ShoreCap II Ltd. is an investment fund managed by U.S.-based asset manager Equator Capital Partners LLC.
ShoreCap II Ltd. has investments in regulated banks, microfinance institutions and nonbank financial institutions in developing Asian and African countries.
The last issue of shares increased TuranBank's shareholder capital by 10 percent in order to meet the requirement of the Central Bank of Azerbaijan dated July 25, 2012, which made the minimum amount of total equity of existing banks $64 million. TuranBank now has total equity of $64.66 million as of Dec. 30.
TuranBank has 14 service points and 19 currency exchange points in such regions as Ganja, Sumgait, Gazakh, Tovuz, Zagatala, Agstafa and Khachmaz.
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"