The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development is helping the expansion of the small Kyrgyz retail food chain NASH with an $840,000 loan under a joint EBRD-EU program for small business support.
The loan will partially finance the purchase of additional premises, trade and warehouse equipment and the construction of new facilities.
The EBRD said the investment is driven by strong growth potential in the Kyrgyz retail market, where there is still a low concentration of retail chains in the capital, Bishkek, and in the rest of the country.
"This is a small but important investment for the Bank, as we have defined support for local private enterprises in the Kyrgyz Republic as one of our priorities. Local companies are vital for the balanced and sound development of the Kyrgyz economy. The project will have an important impact through skill transfers and the setting of standards for business conduct as well as for health and safety regulations. In addition, support for local enterprise is an area in which the EBRD instruments for financial support and technical assistance have a significant effect," Gilles Mettetal, EBRD's director of agribusiness, said.
NASH is one of ten projects in Central Asia that have been financed under the joint EBRD-EU SME Finance Facility for Central Asia, created in 2012 to support direct lending to small and medium-sized enterprises and indirect financing of SMEs via local banks in Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar