The National Bank of Tajikistan reported that the exchange rate of the U.S. dollar to the Tajikistani somoni to did not change in the last week of 2013, averaging 4.9220 - 4.9380 TJS.
The average rates on operations with the Russian ruble and the euro, however, declined slightly, settling at TJS 0.1478-0.1488 and TJS 6.5300-6.6670, respectively.
On Jan. 2, the average rate of the U.S. dollar in the exchange bureau of Dushanbe was 4.9240-4.9370 TJS, while in Khujand it was TJS 4.9250-4.9350 and in Kurgan-Tube it was 4.9200-4.9400 TJS.
Since independence, Tajikistan has gradually reformed its economic policies, but foreign revenue is largely dependent on exports of cotton and aluminum, making the economy highly vulnerable to external shocks.
The 2008 global financial crisis hit Tajikistan hard, both domestically and internationally. It was in fact hit harder than many countries because it already had a high poverty rate and because many of its citizens depend on remittances from expatriate Tajikistanis.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar