Azericard will soon offer a new mobile payment service for MasterCard cardholders.
The service is in conjunction with the International Bank of Azerbaijan, MasterCard International Payment Systems and the World Telecom sales network.
The service allows customers to make payments using their mobile devices through the MobilBank application instead of having to make payments directly using the card at POS-terminals.
"(The) Global mobile network has great potential opportunities , both directly related to the implementation of payments, as well as with various solutions in the field of customer loyalty," Hakan Adjara, of Azerbaijan MasterCard, said. "We have created a mobile payments service to meet the needs of customers around the world and today we are delighted to present it in Azerbaijan."
Adjara added that cardholders will not even need their card to make payments and can simply make the on their mobile phone. He also said that MasterCard intends to take a leading role in the development of additional mobile technologies.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar