Azericard will soon offer a new mobile payment service for MasterCard cardholders.
The service is in conjunction with the International Bank of Azerbaijan, MasterCard International Payment Systems and the World Telecom sales network.
The service allows customers to make payments using their mobile devices through the MobilBank application instead of having to make payments directly using the card at POS-terminals.
"(The) Global mobile network has great potential opportunities , both directly related to the implementation of payments, as well as with various solutions in the field of customer loyalty," Hakan Adjara, of Azerbaijan MasterCard, said. "We have created a mobile payments service to meet the needs of customers around the world and today we are delighted to present it in Azerbaijan."
Adjara added that cardholders will not even need their card to make payments and can simply make the on their mobile phone. He also said that MasterCard intends to take a leading role in the development of additional mobile technologies.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays