Kazkommertsbank, one of the largest banks in Kazakhstan and Central Asia, recently introduced mini-mobile POS terminals to help facilitate card payments.
The mobile terminal connects to a customer's phone or tablet on an iOS or Android operating system. The cardholder signs on the screen and the receipt will be sent to the correlating e-mail address.
Payments via Visa and MasterCard are currently accepted by the terminals and the commission for merchants receiving card payment using a mobile terminal will be just 2.6 percent.
"Today in Kazakhstan, monthly cashless purchases of various goods and services is worth more than $500 million, most of which passes through small and medium enterprises. We offer traders a chance to join this great opportunity, which is a cheap and easy solution," Nurlan Zhagiparov, the executive director of KKB, said.
According to Moody's Investors Services, a one percent increase in card payments leads to an increase in GDP of 0.028 percent in countries with developing economies. In Kazakhstan, the effect of the growth of card payments in 2012 amounted to 0.6 percent of GDP growth.
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Belarus E.Shestakov visits Colombia
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Pleasant news for BasisBank visa card holders
- BTA BANK - KAZAKHASTAN: JSC BTA Bank rating assignment
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Deifnes A Panel of Judges for the Climate Changemakers Awards
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB has allocated US $ 78 million to improve sections of regional roads in the Kyrgyz Republic
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank Participates in Expo Dedicated to "International Day of Savings"
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMSWISSBANK CJSC Made a Payment of AMSWISB23ER3 Corporate Coupon Bond
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank will pay 50 children for rehabilitation courses
- AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN KAZAKHSTAN: International Centre for Parliamentary Studies: Strategic Management and Leadership programme - 4th - 8th March 2019 | London, UK
- AG BANK: AGBank has prepared 2 new campaigns for its valuable customers