Kazkommertsbank, one of the largest banks in Kazakhstan and Central Asia, recently introduced mini-mobile POS terminals to help facilitate card payments.
The mobile terminal connects to a customer's phone or tablet on an iOS or Android operating system. The cardholder signs on the screen and the receipt will be sent to the correlating e-mail address.
Payments via Visa and MasterCard are currently accepted by the terminals and the commission for merchants receiving card payment using a mobile terminal will be just 2.6 percent.
"Today in Kazakhstan, monthly cashless purchases of various goods and services is worth more than $500 million, most of which passes through small and medium enterprises. We offer traders a chance to join this great opportunity, which is a cheap and easy solution," Nurlan Zhagiparov, the executive director of KKB, said.
According to Moody's Investors Services, a one percent increase in card payments leads to an increase in GDP of 0.028 percent in countries with developing economies. In Kazakhstan, the effect of the growth of card payments in 2012 amounted to 0.6 percent of GDP growth.
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business