PrivatBank, the largest commercial bank in Ukraine, has increased the number of POS terminals in its network by 50 percent this year to 110.
The bank said that non-cash payments for goods and services have become more than twice as popular, while the volume of card payments through the bank grew by 49 percent.
"Today we are totally free to provide the opportunity to accept payment cards at any retail outlet, regardless of the size and turnover of the business. The entire installation process takes no more than three working days," Roman Neginsky, the head of business service trade enterprises at PrivatBank, said.
More than 700,000 people make payments through PrivatBank's Ukraine network each day, and more than 30,000 people are employed within the bank's system.
A market survey conducted by GFK Ukraine found that PrivatBank's
Services are used by 33.2 percent of Ukrainian banking clients and 24.9 percent of Ukrainian consumers consider PrivatBank their main bank.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays