PrivatBank, the largest commercial bank in Ukraine, has increased the number of POS terminals in its network by 50 percent this year to 110.
The bank said that non-cash payments for goods and services have become more than twice as popular, while the volume of card payments through the bank grew by 49 percent.
"Today we are totally free to provide the opportunity to accept payment cards at any retail outlet, regardless of the size and turnover of the business. The entire installation process takes no more than three working days," Roman Neginsky, the head of business service trade enterprises at PrivatBank, said.
More than 700,000 people make payments through PrivatBank's Ukraine network each day, and more than 30,000 people are employed within the bank's system.
A market survey conducted by GFK Ukraine found that PrivatBank's
Services are used by 33.2 percent of Ukrainian banking clients and 24.9 percent of Ukrainian consumers consider PrivatBank their main bank.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar