Alfa Group Consortium, one of Russia's largest privately owned investment groups, has announced plans to file suit against Russian United Democratic Party "Yabloko" leader Sergei Mitrokhin for disparaging remarks he has made about its alleged financing structure.
"Being interested in a stable economic and political development of the country, we have for some time ignored the allegations of Mr. Mitrokhin, realizing their full absurdity and lack of any connection with reality," Mikhail Fridman, the chairman of the Alfa Group Consortium, said. "However, unfortunately, charges leveled against us became an obsession for Mr. Mitrokhin and we do not intend to put up with more. Soon we will go to court in order to protect our reputation and recover financial compensation for the damage that these irresponsible and baseless statements brought."
Alpha Group Consortium has interests in oil and gas, commercial and investment banking, asset management, insurance, retail trade, telecommunications, water utilities and special situation investments.
Alfa Group's portfolio of companies includes Alfa-Bank, TNK-BP, VimpelCom, X5 Retail Group, A1 Group, and Alfa Capital Management.
Mitrokhin is a former opposition member of the Moscow City Duma and State Duma.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar