The Central Bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan held a press conference on Wednesday on the "Status and prospects of bank credit and leasing services for farmers."
The government sees the development of farms as a major part of Uzbekistan's development and will build on the experiences of developed countries, the bank said.
In particular, commercial banks are simplifying the paperwork required to extend credit, especially long term loans, to customers. They are also establishing reception areas to provide customers with information and expert advice. Additionally, mini-banks will be set up in rural areas to facilitate farmers living far from any city.
Banks are also issuing loans for things such as livestock development, fisheries, fruit and vegetable processing, beekeeping, and greenhouse construction.
In addition, banks are offering new leasing services through which they will buy land and lease it to farmers for a certain fee and period of time.
The press conference was also attended by representatives of the Ministry of Agriculture and Water Management, the Board of Farmers of Uzbekistan, and leasing companies.
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation