The National Bank of Tajikistan said that the U.S. dollar exchange rate decreased slightly over the past week, falling to an average of 4.9170-4.9350 Tajikistani somoni.
The average rate of U.S. dollar in the exchange bureaus of Dushanbe decreased again and reached 4.9120-4.9320 TJS, in Khuhand it reached TJS 4.9100-4.9300 and in Khujand and Kurgan-Tube it reached TJS 4.9200-4.9300.
The average rates on operations with the Russian ruble were unchanged at TJS 0.1480-0.1490, while the euro rose slightly to TJS 6.6305-6.6534.
With foreign revenue largely dependent upon exports of cotton and aluminum, the economy is highly vulnerable to external shocks.
The 2008 global financial crisis has hit Tajikistan harder than many countries because it already had a high poverty rate and because many of its citizens depend on remittances from expatriate Tajikistanis.
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"