The National Bank of Tajikistan said that the U.S. dollar exchange rate decreased slightly over the past week, falling to an average of 4.9170-4.9350 Tajikistani somoni.
The average rate of U.S. dollar in the exchange bureaus of Dushanbe decreased again and reached 4.9120-4.9320 TJS, in Khuhand it reached TJS 4.9100-4.9300 and in Khujand and Kurgan-Tube it reached TJS 4.9200-4.9300.
The average rates on operations with the Russian ruble were unchanged at TJS 0.1480-0.1490, while the euro rose slightly to TJS 6.6305-6.6534.
With foreign revenue largely dependent upon exports of cotton and aluminum, the economy is highly vulnerable to external shocks.
The 2008 global financial crisis has hit Tajikistan harder than many countries because it already had a high poverty rate and because many of its citizens depend on remittances from expatriate Tajikistanis.
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Salary Card with 70% Discount
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sells 60 Million Lari Dual-Tranche Domestic Bonds in Georgia