Andrei Belousov, a Russian presidential aide, recently said that the 1.3 percent World Bank forecast for Russian economic growth is understated.
Belousov said the downgrade forecast "followed adjustment of our own estimate," according to Russia and India Reports.
Belousov said that the country has the potential to increase growth to 3 percent next year by improving the business climate, law enforcement and infrastructure. He also said that the banking sector could improve by cutting interest rates, according to Russia and India Reports.
On December 15, the World Bank revised its forecast of Russian economic growth down to 1.3 percent from 1.8 percent. The revision also affected estimates for 2014 and 2015, cutting them to 2.2 percent and 2.7 percent, respectively.
The World Bank is an international financial institution with an official goal of reducing poverty by providing loans to developing countries for capital programs.
Russia's economic ministry cut its 2014 economic growth forecast to 2.5 percent from 3 percent in early December.
- BTA BANK - KAZAKHASTAN: JSC BTA Bank rating assignment
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Deifnes A Panel of Judges for the Climate Changemakers Awards
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB has allocated US $ 78 million to improve sections of regional roads in the Kyrgyz Republic
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank Participates in Expo Dedicated to "International Day of Savings"
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMSWISSBANK CJSC Made a Payment of AMSWISB23ER3 Corporate Coupon Bond
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank will pay 50 children for rehabilitation courses
- AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN KAZAKHSTAN: International Centre for Parliamentary Studies: Strategic Management and Leadership programme - 4th - 8th March 2019 | London, UK
- AG BANK: AGBank has prepared 2 new campaigns for its valuable customers
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank