German Gref, the head of Sberbank, the largest bank in Russia, recently said that an alternative to Bitcoin could appear in the country soon.
The Yandex Money payment system could possibly serve as the basis for the new virtual money project, Voice of Russia reports.
"There is much talk about it now. One day before Sberbank unveiled its project, JP Morgan said that it had plans to create its own crypto-currency. However, it is hard to say at the moment whether this idea will be realized," Veronika Chekina, an analyst with Infina, said, according to Voice of Russia.
Experts say the advantage of the virtual money is that transparent schemes will be used for the introduction of so-called web cash.
"There are two things that Sberbank can do; first, it can sponsor the introduction of the new segment after it publishes the protocol. Secondly, it can exchange the new currency for the existing Russian currency, the ruble. If the first option seems to be daring, the second, to exchange a virtual currency for Russian rubles, seems to be real. Why not? It is a very interesting market, and this could prove beneficial for Sberbank as well," Voice of Russia reports.
- BTA BANK - KAZAKHASTAN: JSC BTA Bank rating assignment
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Deifnes A Panel of Judges for the Climate Changemakers Awards
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB has allocated US $ 78 million to improve sections of regional roads in the Kyrgyz Republic
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank Participates in Expo Dedicated to "International Day of Savings"
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMSWISSBANK CJSC Made a Payment of AMSWISB23ER3 Corporate Coupon Bond
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank will pay 50 children for rehabilitation courses
- AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN KAZAKHSTAN: International Centre for Parliamentary Studies: Strategic Management and Leadership programme - 4th - 8th March 2019 | London, UK
- AG BANK: AGBank has prepared 2 new campaigns for its valuable customers
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank