The 29th Meeting of the European Business Congress Presiding Committee recently took place in Berlin and was moderated by the chairman of the Gazprom Management Committee and President of the EBC Alexey Miller.
The meeting included presentations from the Working Committees Chairpersons and changes in the membership of the Presiding Committee were addressed.
The meeting also resulted in the adoption of the Congress budget for 2014 and in the approval of the key topic for the 17th annual general meeting of the EBC, which will be focused on "NGV Fuel and Ecology of Europe" and will take place in Athens on May 29-30.
"In the short term the volumes of natural gas consumed by vehicles will be commensurable with those consumed by power generating facilities in Europe. Apart from the visible economic advantages, the use of natural gas for powering vehicles in European countries will help reduce CO2 emissions by at least 20 percent and pollutant emissions - by almost 90 percent as compared to diesel fuel and gasoline," Alexey Miller said.
Miller also held working meetings on prospects for cooperation in the energy sector and other joint infrastructure projects.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar