Mechel OAO, one of the leading Russian mining and metals companies, announced on Monday that it has reached an agreement on covenant holidays on bilateral credit lines from Sberbank, the largest bank in Russia and Eastern Europe, amounting to $1.36 billion until the end of 2014.
"We are grateful for Sberbank's support of Mechel's revised development strategy, which includes a gradual decrease of our debt burden as one of its basic elements. The signed agreement is yet another proof of our mutually beneficial and efficient partnership. Obtaining Sberbank's agreement to covenant holidays will enable the company to continue implementing our new development strategy, which was approved last year, and overcome the period of global market volatility," Mechel OAO Chief Financial Officer Stanislav Ploschenko said.
Mechel is an international mining and steel company employing more than 80,000 people. Its products are marketed in Europe, North and South America, Asia and Africa
The company unites producers of coal, iron ore concentrate, steel, rolled products, ferroalloys, heat and electric power, with all of its enterprises working in a single production chain, from raw materials to value-added goods.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar