Sberbank, the largest bank in Russia and Eastern Europe, recently announced the highlights of its income statement for the first 11 months of 2013 as compared to the same time period in 2012.
Among the key highlights was a growth in net interest income of 16.2 percent year-on-year. Interest income increased by $6.51 billion, driven primarily by loan portfolio growth, while interest expenses grew by grew by $3.74 billion, 60 percent of which was attributed to retail deposit expenses.
Net fee and commission income also grew, up by 14.5 percent year-on-year.
Noncredit commissions' income growth outpaced the growth rate of net interest income, increasing 20.0 percent compared to 16.2 percent, respectively. Noncredit commissions reached $5.65 billion, $2.55 billion of which was contributed by transactions with bank cards and acquiring.
Operating income before total provisions increased by 15.6 percent year-on-year, amounting to $27.04 billion. Operating expenses increased by 11.5 percent year-on-year - the slowdown in OpEx growth was related to initiation of the cost optimization program. C/I ratio improved from 40.3 percent for 11M 2012 to 38.9 percent for 11M 2013.
Total provision charges amounted to $3.45 billion for 11M 2013 compared to $1.26 billion a year earlier. Profit before tax amounted to $13.08 billion compared to $12.71 billion for 11M 2012, and net profit reached $10.64 billion for 11M 2013, up 5.5 percent year-on-year.
In addition, assets increased by $12.51 billion in November, or 2.7 percent, mainly due to growth of loan portfolio and amounts placed in securities.
Headquartered in Moscow, Sberbank offers a full range of savings, investment, and lending services.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar