Uzbekistan's consultative council on issues affecting people with disabilities met on the eve of Dec. 3, the International Day of the Disabled, in Tashkent.
The event was organized by the National Association of NGOs of Uzbekistan along with the Independent Institute for Monitoring the Formation of Civil Society, the National Center for Human Rights of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the U.N. Development Program in Uzbekistan.
The meeting was attended by members of the Legislative Chamber and Senate of the National Assembly of the Republic of Uzbekistan as well as various experts, related Nongovernmental Nonprofit Organizations, ministry and agency officials and international organizations.
Chairman of the National Association of NNOs of Uzbekistan A. Karimov and Chairman of the Association of Entrepreneurs with Disabilities "Nur" F. Abdurahmanov noted that moral, medical social and material support for the disabled is a crucial aspect of state policy under the leadership of President Islam Karimov.
The consultative council has held six sessions to discuss major provisions of the draft national action plan for the ratification of the U.N. Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Participants in the latest session considered a number of issues concerning the creation of the most favorable conditions across a diversity of areas including public education, transport and road infrastructure, architecture and construction, healthcare, and employment.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar