Uzbekistan is making a concerted effort to enhance the use of alternative energy sources and support research in the energy sector in order to boost the country's energy independence.
The move follows a decree by President Islam Karimov, "On Measures to Encourage the Alternative Sources of Energy," signed on March 1.
The country is poised to develop its solar energy capabilities because it enjoys nearly 300 days of sunshine each year. The annual potential of its solar power is equivalent to approximately 60 billion tons of oil.
One of the leaders in this area is the Tashkent-based Solar Energy Products. Currently, more than 10 different products are being produced with the help of cutting-edge equipment that will allow it to manufacture solar panels with a capacity of four megawatt per annum
The products include a photo-electric system to light up streets and facilities, photo-electric equipment to produce electric and heat energy, an autonomous multifunctional mobile photo-electric system for emergency power supply, and solar rechargers for charging technical machinery with a capacity of as much as 50 watts.
"The goods of our enterprise are produced on the technology invented by the Physics-Technical Institute of the 'Physics-Sun' scientific-production association of Uzbekistan's Academy of Sciences," Ibragim Gulamov, the director of Solar Energy Products, said. "This technology takes into account all the climatic peculiarities of Uzbekistan. Thus, foreign-produced solar panels do not envisage the capacity of efficient work in extreme conditions of the continental climate in Uzbekistan. The domestic produce is capable of working regularly under temperatures of -20 degrees C up to +80 degrees C."
The goods are produced at the enterprise in accordance with technical requirements fixed by the Uzstandart agency, and there are no other permits needed for its operation. On the order of the customer, the company manufactures solar panels of any capacity. All the products have a 20 year warranty.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays