Uzbekistan is making a concerted effort to enhance the use of alternative energy sources and support research in the energy sector in order to boost the country's energy independence.
The move follows a decree by President Islam Karimov, "On Measures to Encourage the Alternative Sources of Energy," signed on March 1.
The country is poised to develop its solar energy capabilities because it enjoys nearly 300 days of sunshine each year. The annual potential of its solar power is equivalent to approximately 60 billion tons of oil.
One of the leaders in this area is the Tashkent-based Solar Energy Products. Currently, more than 10 different products are being produced with the help of cutting-edge equipment that will allow it to manufacture solar panels with a capacity of four megawatt per annum
The products include a photo-electric system to light up streets and facilities, photo-electric equipment to produce electric and heat energy, an autonomous multifunctional mobile photo-electric system for emergency power supply, and solar rechargers for charging technical machinery with a capacity of as much as 50 watts.
"The goods of our enterprise are produced on the technology invented by the Physics-Technical Institute of the 'Physics-Sun' scientific-production association of Uzbekistan's Academy of Sciences," Ibragim Gulamov, the director of Solar Energy Products, said. "This technology takes into account all the climatic peculiarities of Uzbekistan. Thus, foreign-produced solar panels do not envisage the capacity of efficient work in extreme conditions of the continental climate in Uzbekistan. The domestic produce is capable of working regularly under temperatures of -20 degrees C up to +80 degrees C."
The goods are produced at the enterprise in accordance with technical requirements fixed by the Uzstandart agency, and there are no other permits needed for its operation. On the order of the customer, the company manufactures solar panels of any capacity. All the products have a 20 year warranty.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar