Ukraine State Railways Administration Ukrzaliznytsia saw net profits of $63.08 million from Jan-June, 3.1 times less than in the same period in 2012.
Sales revenue for the period decreased by 9.7 percent to $2.92 million.
Revenues from freight traffic during the first half of the year declined by 12.3 percent to $2.24 billion, while those from passenger traffic increased by 6.1 percent to $400 million.
Net profits in 2012 decreased by 2.6 times to $98.04 million.
Ukrzaliznytsia is a monopoly that controls the vast majority of railroad transportation in the country, with a combined total length of track of more than 14,000 miles. It is the 14th largest railroad network in the world. Ukrzaliznytsia is also the world's sixth largest rail passenger transporter and seventh largest freight transporter.
Ukrzaliznytsia's administration employs more than 403,000 people through all regions of the country.
Ukrzaliznytsia is planning to introduce e-tickets in 15 more trains by the end of the month and is working on allowing passengers to purchase tickets with credit and debit cards at all ticket offices.
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business