The International Bank of Azerbaijan recently signed a partnership agreement with China's UnionPay providing for the adoption of ATMs and POS- terminals for its card payment system.
Founded in March 2002, UnionPay is an association for China's banking card industry, operating under the approval of the People's Bank of China. It is also the only interbank network in China, excluding Hong Kong and Macau, linking the ATMs of some 14 major banks and many more smaller banks throughout the mainland.
UnionPay cards can also be used in 141 countries and regions around the world, making ti the second-largest payment network by value of transactions processed behind Visa.
Some UnionPay Credit Cards are also affiliated with American Express, MasterCard or Visa, and can be used abroad as an American Express, MasterCard or Visa.
UnionPay Debit Cards, however, can be used only in the UnionPay network and other networks that have signed contracts with UnionPay.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar