Piraeus Bank sponsored the recent international conference on "Financing Innovation" at Kyiv National Economic University.
The event was attended by approximately 150 analysts, researchers and students of the leading economic universities of Ukraine and the Russian Federation.
"In our time, knowledge is becoming more and more accessible and widespread among more people, especially due to the rapid development of innovative technologies and the internet as a means of technical communication. On the internet, anyone can view or even visit university classes, developed on different platforms from leading educational institutions in the world, who at that very moment can visit the tens of thousands of people. We can take tests and participate in competitions, winning awards in certain courses among the many thousands of people around the world, regardless of where we live and work," Chairman of the Supervisory Board of JSC Piraeus Bank ICB Yannis Kyriakopoulos said in the conference's opening speech.
Kyriakopoulos also discussed how the role of universities is changing around the world and are becoming more involved in advising governments and planning for professions and occupations. Kyriakopoulos said that each university should be competitive in improving knowledge and creating and enabling an environment for learning and maintaining relationships with research centers, consulting companies and practical training.
Participants at the conference discussed issues such as cash transactions and their impact on the resource potential of banks, as well as foreign investment in Ukraine's banking system. They also discussed the strategy of investment policy in Ukraine and how to increase mortgage lending.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar