Piraeus Bank sponsored the recent international conference on "Financing Innovation" at Kyiv National Economic University.
The event was attended by approximately 150 analysts, researchers and students of the leading economic universities of Ukraine and the Russian Federation.
"In our time, knowledge is becoming more and more accessible and widespread among more people, especially due to the rapid development of innovative technologies and the internet as a means of technical communication. On the internet, anyone can view or even visit university classes, developed on different platforms from leading educational institutions in the world, who at that very moment can visit the tens of thousands of people. We can take tests and participate in competitions, winning awards in certain courses among the many thousands of people around the world, regardless of where we live and work," Chairman of the Supervisory Board of JSC Piraeus Bank ICB Yannis Kyriakopoulos said in the conference's opening speech.
Kyriakopoulos also discussed how the role of universities is changing around the world and are becoming more involved in advising governments and planning for professions and occupations. Kyriakopoulos said that each university should be competitive in improving knowledge and creating and enabling an environment for learning and maintaining relationships with research centers, consulting companies and practical training.
Participants at the conference discussed issues such as cash transactions and their impact on the resource potential of banks, as well as foreign investment in Ukraine's banking system. They also discussed the strategy of investment policy in Ukraine and how to increase mortgage lending.
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso