Piraeus Bank board member Svetlana Cherkay participated in a recent forum on "Small Business in Ukraine: What are the chances of becoming European?"
Cherkay gave a speech at the discussion, which was organized by the Ukrainian union of industrialists and entrepreneurs.
Cherkay said that the time for massively lending money is gone.
"Today, five years after the crisis of 2008, the availability of collateral is not the crucial factor for a bank to take a positive decision and to lend money," Cherkay said.
Banks now consider revenues and the financial status of the borrower before providing bank loans.
Cherkay said that both sides will come to a constructive dialogue that will assure synergy to every side including private entrepreneurs, citizens and banks.
The roundtable also involved such speakers as Sergiy Prokhorov, the first vice-president of Ukrainian union of industrialists and entrepreneurs, Oleksandr Potymkov, the first deputy head of State Service of Ukraine for Regulatory Policy and Entrepreneurship Development, Vyacheslav Bykovets, the managing director of the Union of small, medium and privatized enterprises of Ukraine, and Segriy Mamedov, the executive officer of Independent association of the banks of Ukraine, Ukrgazbank chairman of board of directors.
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"