Piraeus Bank board member Svetlana Cherkay participated in a recent forum on "Small Business in Ukraine: What are the chances of becoming European?"
Cherkay gave a speech at the discussion, which was organized by the Ukrainian union of industrialists and entrepreneurs.
Cherkay said that the time for massively lending money is gone.
"Today, five years after the crisis of 2008, the availability of collateral is not the crucial factor for a bank to take a positive decision and to lend money," Cherkay said.
Banks now consider revenues and the financial status of the borrower before providing bank loans.
Cherkay said that both sides will come to a constructive dialogue that will assure synergy to every side including private entrepreneurs, citizens and banks.
The roundtable also involved such speakers as Sergiy Prokhorov, the first vice-president of Ukrainian union of industrialists and entrepreneurs, Oleksandr Potymkov, the first deputy head of State Service of Ukraine for Regulatory Policy and Entrepreneurship Development, Vyacheslav Bykovets, the managing director of the Union of small, medium and privatized enterprises of Ukraine, and Segriy Mamedov, the executive officer of Independent association of the banks of Ukraine, Ukrgazbank chairman of board of directors.
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso