Norilsk recently became the 49th city in Russia and the first in the Krasnoyarsk region to host the Sochi 2014 Olympic torch relay.
The torch was transported to the region from Khanti-Mansiysk by plane before the relay started at the Norilsk Nickel plant and passed through the entire city. Thirty-seven participants passed the torch every 200 meters along the main road.
Seven employees of Norilsk Nickel's Polar Division who distinguished themselves through their work for the company were among the torch bearers.
"It is a great honor to carry the Olympic Torch," Daniil Kot said. "It's a major event for both me and my family. I'm proud that the Torch Relay passed through the Northern regions and particularly our city - Norilsk - and of course I'm proud to have participated in such a grand event."
Norilsk Nickel is the world's largest producer of nickel and palladium and one of the leading producers of platinum and copper. It also produces various byproducts, including cobalt, rhodium, silver, gold, iridium, ruthenium, selenium, tellurium and sulfur.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar