The Central Bank of Russia recently reported that it will circulate special banknotes to celebrate the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.
Organizers for the Sochi Olympics announced on Wednesday that 20 million 100 ruble banknotes, featuring a vertical design of a snowboarder and several Olympics venues, will be printed, Forbes reports.
The blue banknote's "vertical composition, which is a response to modern tendencies in banknote design, has made it possible to portray the uniqueness of the natural region, where snow mountains meet the warm sea," the Olympic organizing committee said in a statement, according to R-Sport.
Organizers also unveiled the design of a 25 ruble commemorative coin for the Olympic torch relay that depicts the route of the relay around Russia with a torch superimposed.
The Olympic torch will be sent to the International Space Station on board a Russian spacecraft this week and astronauts will then carry it outside the station.
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: Speech by NBU Governor Yakiv Smolii at a press briefing on monetary policy
- NATIONAL BANK OF TAJIKISTAN: National Bank of Tajikistan and International Monetary Fund have considered cooperation issues
- PROMSVYZABANK - RUSSIA: Promsvyazbank awarded the winners of the national prize "Business Success"
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Amendment of the “General Terms and Conditions of Servicing Accounts, Deposits and Consumer Loans”
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: NBU Launches Economic Express Regional Project in Zhytomyr
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EUR 1.9 billion EIB Group backing for private sector, energy and urban investment across Greece
- HSBC - GEORGIA: Technology targets financial crime
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: More European funds available to support energy efficiency in residential buildings
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech