The Central Bank of Russia recently reported that it will circulate special banknotes to celebrate the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.
Organizers for the Sochi Olympics announced on Wednesday that 20 million 100 ruble banknotes, featuring a vertical design of a snowboarder and several Olympics venues, will be printed, Forbes reports.
The blue banknote's "vertical composition, which is a response to modern tendencies in banknote design, has made it possible to portray the uniqueness of the natural region, where snow mountains meet the warm sea," the Olympic organizing committee said in a statement, according to R-Sport.
Organizers also unveiled the design of a 25 ruble commemorative coin for the Olympic torch relay that depicts the route of the relay around Russia with a torch superimposed.
The Olympic torch will be sent to the International Space Station on board a Russian spacecraft this week and astronauts will then carry it outside the station.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation