The International Bank of Azerbaijan, the state-controlled bank operating in the Republic of Azerbaijan, recently opened a new regional office for the processing of AzeriCards and the issuance of Qibla debit cards.
The regional center will significantly reduce the time it takes to issue cards and send them to customers and partner banks.
The IBA rolled out the new Qibla cards for customers of its Islamic banking services earlier this year. The card contains a special e-compass that allows users to determine the direction of the Qibla, the Kaaba in Mecca.
Funds allocated within the Islamic Banking Department are placed in a so-called "sub-treasury" and are not mixed with other accounts.
The IBA plans to open several more card centers in various regions of the country in an effort to further improve its bank cards and card services.
Headquartered in Baku, the bank currently consists of 36 branches and 95 service outlets in more than 40 cities.
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Salary Card with 70% Discount
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sells 60 Million Lari Dual-Tranche Domestic Bonds in Georgia