The International Bank of Azerbaijan, the state-controlled bank operating in the Republic of Azerbaijan, recently opened a new regional office for the processing of AzeriCards and the issuance of Qibla debit cards.
The regional center will significantly reduce the time it takes to issue cards and send them to customers and partner banks.
The IBA rolled out the new Qibla cards for customers of its Islamic banking services earlier this year. The card contains a special e-compass that allows users to determine the direction of the Qibla, the Kaaba in Mecca.
Funds allocated within the Islamic Banking Department are placed in a so-called "sub-treasury" and are not mixed with other accounts.
The IBA plans to open several more card centers in various regions of the country in an effort to further improve its bank cards and card services.
Headquartered in Baku, the bank currently consists of 36 branches and 95 service outlets in more than 40 cities.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation