Sberbank of Russia and IBM have signed a memorandum of strategic cooperation that provides for the direct supply of equipment and software to the bank and explores ways to modernize its IT infrastructure.
"Sberbank and IBM have developed a mutually beneficial relationship format for long term cooperation. The transition to direct contracts with suppliers of equipment and software is one of the key tools of our policy in the field of vendor management," Deputy Chairman of Sberbank Lev Khasis said. "Michael Ehrenburg, a senior managing director for finance and IT has recently joined our team. Because of this, we expect to significantly optimize IT costs while improving the quality of our IT functions and client services."
In accordance with the agreement, IBM intends to authorize Sberbank Service, a subsidiary of Sberbank, to carry IBM products directly through IBM's logistical partners.
Specialists from both companies will also work to modernize the bank's Sberbank's IT infrastructure.
"To strengthen the position of IBM in the region of Central and Eastern Europe, we made a strategic decision to develop the format of our relationships and the transition to long-term partnerships with key customers," Kirill Kornilov, the general manager of IBM East Europe/Asia, said. "Savings Bank, one of our largest customers in the IT sector in recent years has successfully developed its international presence. That is why we are pleased that the bank now has the status of a global partner and is the first to be able to appreciate the benefits of our approach."
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business