The Honorary Consulate of Austria in Yekaterinburg recently hosted a reception for representatives of the Russian Foreign Ministry, local leaders, and foreign diplomatic missions and businesses in honor of Austria's National Day.
"We want our countrymen to understand this country, its traditions, culture and the mentality of its inhabitants," Honorary Consul Andrei Kozitsyn, the director general of the Urals Mining and Metallurgical Company, said.
"Despite the fact that we are separated by thousands of miles, through the work of the Honorary Consulate the distance has been steadily declining," Russian Foreign Ministry Spokesman in Yekaterinburg Alexander Harlov said.
The Consulate has for the past seven years organized activities such as its annual Vienna Music and Film Festival.
Austria's National Day has been celebrated since 1955, when the government approved the federal constitution declaring the country's permanent neutrality and forbidding it to join any military alliances.
- AG BANK: 30% discount on "Royal Gallery Home Collection" stores with AGBank's cards!
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: Speech by NBU Governor Yakiv Smolii at a press briefing on monetary policy
- NATIONAL BANK OF TAJIKISTAN: National Bank of Tajikistan and International Monetary Fund have considered cooperation issues
- PROMSVYZABANK - RUSSIA: Promsvyazbank awarded the winners of the national prize "Business Success"
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Amendment of the “General Terms and Conditions of Servicing Accounts, Deposits and Consumer Loans”
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: NBU Launches Economic Express Regional Project in Zhytomyr
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EUR 1.9 billion EIB Group backing for private sector, energy and urban investment across Greece
- HSBC - GEORGIA: Technology targets financial crime
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: More European funds available to support energy efficiency in residential buildings
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia