Sberbank, the largest bank in Russia and Eastern Europe, will take park in the upcoming "Silicon Valley Meets Russia" conference dedicated to attracting venture capital financing to the country, the bank announced on Monday.
The event will be attended by leading Russian and overseas businessmen, representatives of major international corporations, venture capitalists, development institutions and investors.
The conference will feature a competition among businesses presenting their plans for new projects to the businesses and investors taking part in the conference.
In June 2012, as a result of that year's conference, Sberbank and the SVB Financial Group, the parent company of Silicon Valley Bank, signed a memorandum of understanding establishing a partnership for future venture financing in Russia.
In the framework of that agreement, Sberbank will provide specialized high-tech banking services to overseas companies and contribute to innovative development in Russia.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar