Ural Mining and Metallurgical Company, a Russian metallurgical company based in Verkhnyaya Pyshma, has spent nearly $1 million preparing for the upcoming cold season.
UMMC has completed 80 different projects, including the reconstruction of substations, updating ventilation systems and repairing the 12-meter high reinforced concrete chimney on the central boiler since the summer.
The company supplies heat to several residential districts as well as sports and social facilities, including the UMMC Sports Palace and the exhibitions center at the Museum of Military Equipment.
The repair and preparatory work, which began in May, involved more than 130 people.
UMMC is the second largest copper producer in Russia. The holding company was formed around joint-stock company Uralelektromed in 1999.
The main owner of the company is Uzbek billionaire Iskander Makhmudov and the president of the company is Andrew Kozitsin.
The company owns approximately 50 entities located throughout Russia.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar