The Central Bank of Uzbekistan held a press conference for local and foreign media on "The cooperation of banks and regions: the priorities outlined in the further development of infrastructure in villages."
Commercial banks are encouraged to expand lending for the manufacturing of goods, modernization of farms, improvement of living standards and the growth of rural areas as part of the plan.
Small businesses and private enterprises are the most important source of providing goods and services, diversifying and sustaining economic growth, and improving the welfare of the population.
The federal "Year of well-being and prosperity" program plans to implement several projects in rural areas, including fish farming, milk processing and agricultural development with the assistance of commercial banks.
The country is also implementing a comprehensive program of housing construction in rural areas. It will provide rural residents with modern housing while upgrading rural infrastructure and providing new retail services.
The bank said that cooperation between banks and rural areas will continue to grow, improving the local business climate and contributing to sustained economic development.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar