The Central Bank of Uzbekistan held a press conference for local and foreign media on "The cooperation of banks and regions: the priorities outlined in the further development of infrastructure in villages."
Commercial banks are encouraged to expand lending for the manufacturing of goods, modernization of farms, improvement of living standards and the growth of rural areas as part of the plan.
Small businesses and private enterprises are the most important source of providing goods and services, diversifying and sustaining economic growth, and improving the welfare of the population.
The federal "Year of well-being and prosperity" program plans to implement several projects in rural areas, including fish farming, milk processing and agricultural development with the assistance of commercial banks.
The country is also implementing a comprehensive program of housing construction in rural areas. It will provide rural residents with modern housing while upgrading rural infrastructure and providing new retail services.
The bank said that cooperation between banks and rural areas will continue to grow, improving the local business climate and contributing to sustained economic development.
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: Speech by NBU Governor Yakiv Smolii at a press briefing on monetary policy
- NATIONAL BANK OF TAJIKISTAN: National Bank of Tajikistan and International Monetary Fund have considered cooperation issues
- PROMSVYZABANK - RUSSIA: Promsvyazbank awarded the winners of the national prize "Business Success"
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Amendment of the “General Terms and Conditions of Servicing Accounts, Deposits and Consumer Loans”
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: NBU Launches Economic Express Regional Project in Zhytomyr
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EUR 1.9 billion EIB Group backing for private sector, energy and urban investment across Greece
- HSBC - GEORGIA: Technology targets financial crime
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: More European funds available to support energy efficiency in residential buildings
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech